Lake Keowee Real Estate Expert Blog May Flowers
The lovely flowers of May are popping up everywhere around Lake Keowee. It’s a wonderful time of year as the leaves begin to completely fill in all of the gaps making everything feel vibrant and new. The temperatures have been mild and comfortable and we’ve had a good mix of sunny and rainy days keeping lake levels in great shape. Lake Life is GOOD!
Business has been excellent. We’re still pumping along putting a waterfront home under contract as well as a Clemson condo. We’ve also been able to close over $2M in property over the past week. One was a large tract of land and another a home with incredible views. Somehow, we keep finding properties to put under contract. But it isn’t easy when the listings are this few and far between.
With increasing interest rates and stock market values dropping, now might be the perfect time for you to put your Lake Keowee area real estate on the market. The inventory is still very tight but could begin to loosen up with the economic headwinds bearing down on us.
- Mow lawn, remove all weeds and water regularly.
- Use a good quality lawn food to make grass healthy and ammonia sulfate (available at garden or hardware store) to bring out the green. Reseed or re-sod thin or brown lawn.
- Cut grass back from edge of house as well as from plants and trees.
- Trim edges by fences, walls, walkways, sidewalk, driveway and around plants, hedges and trees.
- Remove all children’s toys, garden tools and hoses.
- Repair loose or broken fences, or cracked or loose retaining walls.
- clean up after pets.