Things to Do in Fall on Lake Keowee
Top Activities To Do On Lake Keowee this Autumn
There are many outdoor activities to do this fall in the beautiful Lake Keowee area in South Carolina. This region is named after the man-made lake in the area. It is also the highest point in South Carolina located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is not a wonder why there are many Lake Keowee golf communities and houses for sale on Lake Keowee. The area is pleasantly cool and a haven for many outdoor recreational activities where you can enjoy the splendor, charm, and beauty of mother nature.
Autumn is the time of the year, where you get the ideal temperature. Being the highest point in South Carolina, you get amazing weather and atmospheric conditions in the many Lake Keowee golf communities. You can go to this area to appreciate the wonder of the earth, especially the wonderful foliage and fall colors that decorate the mountain. Looking at houses for sale on Lake Keowee may not be such a bad idea to consider during this season, especially if you’re on the lookout for a great vacation home.
Whether you are a resident in one of the many Lake Keowee golf communities, a visitor looking at houses for sale on Lake Keowee, or visiting your family or friends, this place is a perfect location with many attractions for you to enjoy. Read on below to find out what you can do in Lake Keowee this autumn season. As the weather turns pleasantly cool, there are so many enjoyable activities that you can do in this beautiful region.
Take a Cruise on the Lake
It is not unusual for one of the many residents in the sprawling Lake Keowee golf communities to own a boat. To truly enjoy the fall colors, you can even kayak or canoe, which are both relaxing activities that will help you unwind and de-stress. You can have a picnic after your water adventures. If you have a bigger boat, then you can enjoy a picnic on board with your friends and loved ones. As you cruise and sail around the area, you will realize that viewing houses for sale on Lake Keowee region may not be a bad idea because this is a beautiful location that offers panoramic vistas being the highest point in South Carolina.
Opt to Do a Scenic Drive to Enjoy the Fall Colors
Many residents of the Lake Keowee golf communities love taking scenic drives. Take your cues from them and do a joy ride to revel in the beauty of the mountains. Even if you’re just in the area to check on houses for sale on Lake Keowee, you will see for yourself the unique and true beauty of nature’s artwork. There are many exquisite shades of yellow, red, and orange as you traverse Highway 11 towards the famous Table Rock State Park.
Drive a little further up north, and you will spot Caesar’s Head. This amount of time you spend on your easy drive will give you gorgeous views. If you want to consider more outdoor options, while you are in the area looking at houses for sale on Lake Keowee, then check out these suggestions from their site.
Go Hawk Watching
The numerous residents of the Lake Keowee golf communities know of this best kept “open” secret. The Autumn season of September to November is one of the best times to be in this area. You will be treated to wonderful views of hawks flying in their famous V-shape as they migrate down south. This, in itself, is a truly majestic sight that no one should ever miss. If you are thinking of looking at houses for sale on Lake Keowee, do it this time of the year and hit two birds with one stone (pun intended). Get to see great Lake Keowee golf communities, while enjoying the fall scenery.
Consider Camping with Family and Friends
While your visiting family in the Lake Keowee golf communities, you can take advantage of the pleasantly cool weather to go on an outdoor camping activity at the Table Rock State Park. You can enjoy roasting marshmallows and drinking hot cups of cocoa in front of your campfire. Enjoy crisp, fresh, and clean mountain air, which is one of the perks of being in the highest point of South Carolina.
As you sit, relax, and enjoy the beauty of doing nothing, you can discuss any topic under the sun. You can even use this wonderful time to weigh your options about the houses for sale on Lake Keowee, especially if you are bent on getting a vacation house or moving to this region. To truly enjoy this experience, don’t forget to bring these necessary camping essentials:
- A sturdy tent wherein you can take shelter. Don’t forget to bring comfy pillows and a warm blanket, too.
- Be ready with a First Aid Kit. Burns, scratches, scrapes, or bumps can happen, so having this kit is one of the most sensible essentials that you have to always include in each camping trip.
- Unless you’re a boy scout that can start a fire with nothing but stones and wood, bring a pack of matches. This will help you start a flame for your grill or campfire.
- Bring a rope, which you can use for a variety of things like making a clothesline for your wet garments, towing people during a swim, keeping people in line during your hike, and the like.
- Don’t forget to bring food and water supply. A jar of peanut butter is great to have because of its long shelf life. Apart from that, it is a terrific source of fat and protein that will help keep you energized. You can easily smear this on bread for a snack or eat it by the spoonful as a pick me up.
- Bring your pocket knife, compass, and maps. If you end up in a remote camping area, it is best to be prepared. The cell phone signal is usually sparse, so having these items ready will keep you right on track.
- Alternate weather clothes are necessary for you to bring. Even if you painstakingly checked the weather, being on the highest point in South Carolina means the weather can change so quickly with a snap of a finger. Having these clothes can keep you warm and dry in inclement weather.
If you need more information on specific trails or if you want to research their length and degree of difficulty, here are details. In this site, you will see significant landmarks like waterfalls and other interesting tidbits that you can check out, along with hotel recommendations and suggestions for the best areas where to eat.
Go Hiking or Trail Walking
The fall season is the best time to go hiking or trail walking because you won’t melt under the sweltering heat of the sun. There are many hiking trails, with varying difficulties, in Table Rock State Park. Residents of the Lake Keowee golf communities enjoy donning their hiking boots during this season because it is best to enjoy fall foliage while you are on foot. Walking will give you the time to stop and enjoy the scenery at a comfortable and relaxed pace.
If you are feeling extra adventurous, you can even opt to take a two-mile hike to Raven Cliff Falls. This will lead you to an overlook area, where you can behold the beauty of this majestic 420 feet waterfalls. Just remember to prep and bring these essentials before you take your actual trail walk or hike. Since you’ll be traversing the highest point in South Carolina, it is best to be prepared. Bring the following items to ensure your safety and enjoyment:
- Bring a hiking backpack with food, water, and an extra layer of clothes in case it gets colder. Great food items to bring are trail mixes, granola bars, fruit, and sandwiches. Pack plenty of water and electrolyte juices to replenish your energy.
- Don’t forget to bring your navigation tools like a map and a compass. Remember, as you get to the deeper parts of the trail, your cell signal may no longer work. Do not rely on just Google maps for your security.
- Take a small pocket knife or a multi-tool with you for emergency purposes.
- Wear the right hiking boots and weather-appropriate clothing. Think of using moisture-wicking fabrics and dressing up in layers.
- SPF is your friend. Many people assume that just because the sun is hiding that you will no longer need sun protection. On the contrary, many residents from the Lake Keowee golf communities know that it is still critical to wear sunblock because harmful UV rays can even penetrate through the thick clouds and damage your skin.
Attend a Clemson Home Game
If you are looking at houses for sale on Lake Keowee, you must factor a Clemson Home Game into your itinerary. Watching a Clemson Tigers football game is a truly remarkable and unbelievable experience that you can catch during the fall season. It is more than just a football game but an experience of a lifetime. Apart from enjoying the football match, you can explore the beauty of the historic campus.
A perfect crisp fall day is good for strolling around the scenic pathways before the game begins. This activity can be spent bonding with family and friends. You can also forge new friendships amongst fellow football fans. The hype and vibe of the crowd in the stadium is genuinely unforgettable, and this experience will be a treasured memory that you will certainly not regret.
Experience the Wild and Scenic Chattooga River
The Chattooga River serves as the home of many adventures in the Lake Keowee region. Visiting this area will appeal to those with a mild adventurous streak and even those adrenaline junkies in search of their next extreme outdoor rush. Visitors can opt to do white water rafting in the Chattooga River, which is the most popular activity in this area. Many people say this is a magical experience to be able to conquer the rapids of the Chattooga River in the Lake Keowee area.
The river rafting experience takes place on what is referred to as section 3 or section 4 of the river. Section 3 comes with milder rapids, known in the industry as class 2 and 3. In contrast, section 4 has stronger rapids and currents, ranking class 4 and above. Beginners must, of course, start with the milder section. With each visit, those who are adventurous can work their way up to the section 4 category. For more information on rafting at the Chattooga River, make sure to read the briefing before coming. The site also offers further information on other water-related outdoor adventures in the area.
Apart from water rafting, trout fishing is another popular activity in the Chattooga River. They claim to be the best area for trout fishing, which is especially abundant during this fall season. Fishing is a very calming and serene activity, which many people see as a great form of relaxation. Others also consider this a sport as they attempt to outdo each other in catching the bigger fish. Whatever your fishing motivation is, you will get to bask in the beautiful sights and immaculate surroundings of the Lake Keowee region.
Visit the Walhalla Performing Arts Center
You may be checking out the houses for sale on Lake Keowee, but you have to take a side trip to one of this region’s unique gems. Visit the Walhalla Performing Arts Center in Oconee County. The building itself is iconic, having been established since 1903. Take a snap in front of its beautiful structure that is a silent witness to many glorious years of history. Back then, it was used as a school building.
Citizens of the modern world repurposed and renovated the building to become the performing arts hub that it is today. They tried to preserve as much of the original building’s old charm, which is why it has been added to the list of National Register of Historic Places. Since 2003, it has been hosting performances that enrich culture and social experiences for residents and visitors alike. To be able to attend an event in this historic venue is an awesome treat.
As you can see, there are many activities for you to do in the Lake Keowee region in South Carolina. This beautiful community is very welcoming to tourists. If you are considering a vacation or thinking of making the big move to this location, visiting during the Autumn Season wherein the mountain is at its peak of beauty will undoubtedly help you decide. Once you explore all that Lake Keowee and the surrounding areas, have to offer you will never want to leave. Consider buying a home in this incredible community. Contact Top Guns Realty today to find your new home.